UPFI is the first stablecoin protocol which designs principles in order to create a scalable, stable, algorithmic and pure on-chain financials on Solana. The project utilizes a stablecoin, which is partially collateralized and algorithmically stabilized. There is support for next-generation payment networks on the blockchain. Read more about our partnership below!
UPFI and BCAiThe Solana ecosystem keeps on getting bigger, with many new projects appearing. Solana is growing fast, and projects like UPFI have a lot of potential, especially long term. That’s why we are excited to partner up with UPFI. Stablecoins are needed to solve a big problem in cryptocurrency: volatility. Since UPFI is the first stablecoin protocol to be partially backed by collateral and partially stabilized algorithmically, it has high potential and is unique of its kind. The project’s end goal, to provide highly scalable, decentralized, algorithmic money in place of fixed-supply digital assets, is promising and exciting.
Also, people can stake and farm UPS (the UPS tokens, which are basically UPFI Shares). This is a good feature of the UPFI protocol and interesting for many traders. More about the protocol can be read below.
The UPFI protocolSometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words. In the image below, the UPFI protocol is explained.
The goal of UPFI’s protocol is to keep the UPFI token price stable. This project uses two tokens as collateral, which are USDC and UPS (the previously mentioned UPFI share token). By depositing USDC and UPS, users are able to mint the UPFI stablecoin. The USDC gets locked in the protocol, while the deposited UPS gets burned. When someone redeems UPFI for the underlying collateral, they get their deposited USDC back. The protocol then mints UPS. This process helps to keep UPFI (stablecoin) stable.
Key highlights of UPFI NetworkSummarized, these are UPFi’s key highlights:
- Decentralized & Governance-minimized: The project is community-governed and has an autonomous and algorithmic approach. Active administration is not required.
- Two tokens: UPFI’s two tokens are UPFI (the stablecoins with a currency that is softly linked to the US dollar) and UPS (governance token & UPFI shares).
- Algorithmic & collateralized: UPFI is the first decentralized stablecoin using a combined approach of algorithm and collateral.
- Fully on-chain oracles: Both Chainlink and Pyth oracles are used by UPFI.
UPFI’s top featuresOn the UPFI Network, users are able to:
- Mint & redeem: Users can mint & redeem the UPFI stablecoin with partial collateral.
- Farm: By providing liquidity, and depositing LP tokens on the UPFI Network, users can farm UPS.
- Have a voice on the platform: UPFI is community-governed, giving UPS holders the chance to share their opinions and thoughts, while also being rewarded for holding UPS.
The last quarter of 2021 is exciting for UPFI! Many things are launching, like governance staking, the Mainnet itself, and the lending protocol. We are closely following UPFI’s development and look forward to the launch of the above-mentioned features!